Top 5 Reasons To Attend Grand Junction’s Swingingest Holiday Concert
The Western Colorado Jazz Orchestra will host their annual concert, "Jazz Holiday Party." This truly is Grand Junction, Colorado's social event of the season. Here are five reasons why you dare not miss this show.
Are you ready to get into the Christmas spirit? How about a 16-piece Big Band cranking out some of your holiday favorites? This once-a-year show is coming to Warehouse 2565 Kitchen + Bar on Wednesday, December 21, 2022, at 6 p.m.
A Unique Holiday Concert
For years now the Western Colorado Jazz Orchestra has hosted one of the best holiday concerts in the valley. You'll love the awesome arrangements of your holiday favorites.
Check out the video below. That's from the WCJO's Christmas Concert a few years back at the Avalon. I whipped out my dumbphone and shot a little video. A ton of work goes into this presentation. Between sound, staging, lighting, and instruments, several hours go into stage setup and soundcheck. That, of course, does not include the weeks of rehearsal leading up to the show.
When it was all said and done, the WCJO puts on an excellent Christmas show. Once again, the band will forgo their usual concert attire, namely tuxedos, in favor of their favorite "Ugly Sweaters."
Five Jazzy Reasons To Attend
Here are my top five reasons why you should attend:
- This is a prime-time act, playing excellent arrangements of your favorite Christmas tunes
- The WCJO is something of a 'who's who" of your favorite Western Colorado musicians
- The venue is perfect - music, dining, and your favorite cocktails. This makes for an incredible evening and/or date night
- This may be your only chance to hear some of these arrangements, performed by an authentic show band
- The show is very much in the Christmas spirit. How often do you get to hear a 16-piece band playing Christmas songs?
A Bit Later This Year
The date for this show, December 21, is perfect. Not too early, and not too late. It falls mid-week, leaving the weekend open for other activities.
Perfect Place and Time For a Christmas Concert
The WCJO has made something of a new home out of Warehouse 2565. This has proven to be a great room for the band. The seating is excellent, and with the availability of food and beverages, it makes for a perfect evening.
Please make plans to attend the show next Wednesday night, December 21, 2022. Tickets are available at the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra office. Tickets are $15 for General Admission, and $5 for students.