These are the Places Serving the Best Burgers in Colorado
The website Enjoy Travel put together a list of the best burgers in the state of Colorado. Some of these are stand-alone mom-and-pop joints, others have locations all over the Centennial State. Here's a look at the Top 10.
Ranking The Best Burgers In Colorado
According to Holiday Insights, these staples of American cuisine were originally referred to as Cheese Hamburgers. The site adds the name”Cheeseburger” was coined in Louisville, Kentucky.
Along comes the website Enjoy Travel, and their report on "The 25 Best Burgers In Colorado." For your dining pleasure, they did all the dirty work in tracking down Colorado's best. They state, "All you need to do now is hit the road and start eating. Think of it as a road trip feast…"
What Makes One Burger Better Than Another?
When putting together a list such as this, what criteria determine one burger is better than another? The website Burger Republic offers a few tips:
- Burger Flavor - when looking for a good burger, you must address the beef
- Burger Thickness - Burger Republic states, "You want a burger that’s thick enough to be juicy and flavorful, but not so thick that it feels like you’re eating a meatloaf."
- Condiments - according to Grubhub, the most popular condiment in the United States is.... get ready.... mayonnaise.
- Fresh Toppings - choose quality over quantity
- Toasted Bun - this element separates the pros from the wannabes.
What's Up With Colorado Springs?
Food servers in one particular Colorado city appear to have their finger on the pulse of burger excellence. What's going on with Colorado Springs? Check out the gallery below, and you'll see three of the top ten are located in the Springs.
Make a Trip Out of It
You'll find communities from all over Colorado are well-represented. Granted, Colorado Springs dominates the field, with Denver and its suburbs not far behind. You'll find, however, that several Western Slope communities are also well represented on this list.
If you're looking for an excuse for a road trip, the quest for the perfect cheeseburger might be the proper motivation.